Building new shower, how can I control the flow of water to two different shower heads?

by ampersandre   Last Updated September 11, 2019 23:21 PM

Similar to how you can control the flow of water between a tub faucet and a shower head, I'd like my new shower to control water between a rain-head shower from the ceiling and a handheld shower on the wall.

Can I buy a shower kit that contains a shower head, temperature valve, and tub faucet, and just use it differently somehow? Or is there a better way?

Answers 2

You should be able to get a diverter that will do what you want, often they come with handheld showerheads. Usually they allow you to select one or the other, or both showerheads.

Something like this, or this.

enter image description here enter image description here

October 07, 2015 19:48 PM

What you want is called a "Diverter Valve". That will give you something to search for, because you will find all different types depending on they style you want and how many shower heads it needs to handle. And example can be seen here:

Diverter valve

October 07, 2015 21:13 PM

Related Questions

How to convert deck-mount tub faucet to shower

Updated January 17, 2019 04:21 AM

2 shower heads and 1 rain head...low flow

Updated September 13, 2016 08:09 AM

Why would my shower only have hot water?

Updated November 11, 2017 17:21 PM

Replacing moen moentrol shower trim

Updated April 26, 2015 00:09 AM