How do I prop-up or fix a concrete post that has moved away from house with gate attached?

by Bob S   Last Updated August 14, 2019 18:21 PM

I have two-gate wide opening on the side of my house.

The concret post that is next to the house has pulled away from the house near the top so that the gates are harder to open.

What is the best way to "shift" the concrete post back towards the house so that the gates swing freely?

Tags : gate-post

Answers 1

I would remove material from the side closest to the house, then use a jack to push the post back upright.

Once upright, you will need to fill in the subsequent gap on the gate side. Concrete would be good, and consider opening the hole to increase the support all around that gate post.

Solar Mike
Solar Mike
August 14, 2019 18:10 PM

Related Questions

How should I support a large gate in a vinyl fence?

Updated April 25, 2015 04:09 AM

gate pillars have shifted

Updated June 09, 2019 05:21 AM

free standing post for gate

Updated June 18, 2018 05:21 AM