Spark from light switch

by Chris S   Last Updated January 11, 2019 03:21 AM

I just installed a new led switch in a box with two other switches. When I ran power to it and tested the non led switch in the box I received a big spark. I went and turned off power again, removed face plate, and realized the ground from the new switch was wrapped around screw on the switch next to it (the screw for live wire). I fixed the problem and ground wire has a burn mark on it from spark. Just wanted to know if it is safe or should I have an electrician come out to check for and damage or hazards? Thanks.

Tags : wiring lighting

Related Questions

Three hots and a neutral in a recessed light

Updated September 21, 2016 09:09 AM

Why do my LED lights flash on cold start?

Updated July 13, 2015 13:09 PM