What's this furniture component called? Metal dowel pin with hole?

by aardvarkk   Last Updated May 28, 2018 06:21 AM

I have a set of mid-century modern dining chairs. The seat is supported in four corners by four metal dowel pins that insert into the legs, but have a hole in them for a screw to pull the seat down against the metal dowel pins. We're missing several of them and I'd like to repair each chair with similar parts if possible. They're about 8mm in diameter and maybe a few centimetres long.

I've added an image of the part, but I have no idea what it's called to search for replacements. I've tried searching for metal dowel pins, but none seem to have any holes in them through which a screw could pass. Is there a special name for this part? I'd love some links to a place where I could buy them online (in Canada if possible!).

Metal Dowel Pin With Hole

Related Questions

Move around table with attached legs

Updated September 25, 2017 21:21 PM

Gas Strut Placement on Murphy Bunkbed

Updated April 09, 2015 03:09 AM

Paint vs polyurethane durability

Updated March 01, 2016 01:09 AM

Connecting a 2x4 and 4x4 post

Updated April 28, 2017 20:21 PM