I am using Google Calendar and I would like to sync it with my iPhone. Usually, the best way to do this is via setting up a CalDAV account which I've been successfully doing for a while.
However, recently, the syncing has ceased to work. So have I subsequently deleted and re-added the account to my iPhone, but I keep on getting an error message, that the CalDAV account cannot be verified.
Does anybody have any suggestions what I can do about this? I'm absolutely certain the all the data I enter is correct.
It may be that Google have made the change.
Google may have limits on the use of CalDAV for security reasons. See CalDAV API Developer's Guide.
Google has two prefered ways of accessing their calendar service via iOS.
From Google help:
You can sync Google Calendar with the Calendar app that comes on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad .
- Touch Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add account > Google.
- Enter your email address > Next.
- Enter your password. If you have iOS 7 or below and you use 2-Step Verification, enter an app password instead of your regular password.
- Touch Next.
- Emails, contacts, and calendar events will now sync directly with your Google Account. To sync only your calendar, turn off the other services.
- Open the Calendar app on your iPhone to see your Google Calendar events.
CardDAV Error with the iPhone is related to the 2 factor authentication. You need to log into your Google Account - settings and choose signing into google.
Generate an app specific password - this password you utilize on the iPhone and everything should sync.